If you’re a fan of smooth and subtly sweet coffee, this Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee recipe is perfect for you. With its rich flavor and velvety texture, this cold brew variation infused with vanilla will keep you cool and satisfied. Let’s dive into the steps to make this delicious beverage.
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground coffee beans
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Ice cubes
- Milk or cream (optional)
- In a jar or pitcher, combine the coarsely ground coffee beans and cold water.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add both the seeds and the bean to the coffee mixture. If using vanilla extract, skip this step.
- Stir in the maple syrup or sweetener until dissolved.
- Cover the jar or pitcher and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours to allow the coffee to steep and the flavors to develop.
- After steeping, strain the cold brew coffee through a fine-mesh sieve or coffee filter to remove any sediments and the vanilla bean.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the cold brew coffee over the ice.
- If desired, add a splash of milk or cream to taste.
- Stir gently and savor the smoothness of your Vanilla Cold Brew Coffee.