A Moka pot, also known as a stovetop espresso maker, brews coffee by using steam pressure to extract the flavor from the coffee grounds. This method produces a strong and bold cup of coffee.
- Moka pot
- Coffee grinder
- Ground coffee
- Boil the desired amount of water.
- Grind the coffee beans to a fine consistency.
- Fill the bottom chamber of the Moka pot with hot water.
- Add the desired amount of ground coffee to the filter basket.
- Place the filter basket on top of the bottom chamber.
- Screw on the top chamber.
- Place the Moka pot on a stove over medium heat.
- Wait for the coffee to start brewing and turn off the heat once the brewing process is complete.
- Serve the coffee immediately.
- Use a ratio of 1:7 coffee to water.
- Use medium heat to prevent burning the coffee.
- Clean the Moka pot thoroughly after each use to prevent buildup of coffee oils.