A French press uses a plunger to press the coffee grounds to the bottom of the pot, separating the brewed coffee from the grounds. This method produces a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee.
- French press
- Coffee grinder
- Ground coffee
- Boil the desired amount of water.
- Grind the coffee beans to a coarse grind.
- Add the ground coffee to the French press.
- Pour the hot water over the coffee, filling the French press.
- Let the coffee steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Slowly press the plunger down to separate the brewed coffee from the grounds.
- Serve the coffee immediately.
- Use a ratio of 1:15 coffee to water.
- Preheat the French press with hot water to maintain the temperature of the coffee.
- Pour the coffee into another container after brewing to prevent over-extraction.