Espresso is made by forcing hot water through finely ground coffee beans under high pressure. This method produces a strong and concentrated shot of coffee that is often used as the base for other coffee drinks.
- Espresso machine
- Espresso beans
- Espresso tamper
- Shot glass
- Fill the water reservoir of the espresso machine with cold water.
- Preheat the espresso machine and the portafilter.
- Grind the espresso beans to a fine consistency.
4. Use the espresso tamper to evenly pack the coffee grounds into the portafilter.
- Attach the portafilter to the espresso machine.
- Place a shot glass under the portafilter.
- Turn on the espresso machine and wait for the shot to pour.
- Stop the shot once the desired amount of coffee is in the shot glass.
- Serve the espresso immediately.
- Use freshly roasted espresso beans for the best flavor.
- Use a scale to measure the amount of coffee and water for consistency.
- Clean the espresso machine and the portafilter regularly to prevent buildup of coffee oils and residue.