Pour over coffee involves pouring hot water over coffee grounds that are placed in a filter inside a dripper. This method allows for precise control over the water flow and extraction, resulting in a clean and flavorful cup of coffee.
- Pour over dripper
- Coffee filter
- Coffee scoop
- Ground coffee
- Boil the desired amount of water in the kettle.
- Place the coffee filter in the dripper and rinse it with hot water.
- Add the desired amount of ground coffee to the filter.
- Pour a small amount of hot water over the coffee, saturating the grounds.
- Wait for 30 seconds to let the coffee bloom.
- Slowly pour the hot water over the coffee in a circular motion, starting from the center.
- Let the coffee drip through the filter and into the cup.
- Remove the filter and discard the used grounds.
- Serve the coffee immediately.
- Use a ratio of 1:16 coffee to water.
- Experiment with different pour patterns and water temperatures for different flavors.
- Preheat the cup with hot water to maintain the temperature of the coffee.